Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Halloween in June & Americana!

Hello everyone! I finished up the pieces that you saw in progress last week, and wanted to share some pictures of them. Here is the Americana Monkey........
I think he may need a little hat though after looking at him for a couple of days, so I will be adding that before he is listed on the AFA site. Here is a close up of his face and his hand holding the old silver cup. I searched and searched at my local monthly antique faire for just the perfect sized cup, and finally found it at the end of the day! It is engraved with the word Petersburg, and has a lovely ornate little carved handle. Here is the little piece you saw mounted to the old child's block.... I named it Spirit of 1776 and it went to a new home on Sunday.This piece is the one I made for PFATT'S Halloween in June party....and she too is on her way to a new home. Don't forget to stop by if you haven't already, and enter your name in the drawing while you're there! There are some wonderful prizes donated by the artists, and you could be a lucky winner!This is the last piece that you saw in progress last week.....I call him "Hooray" Moon. I really love the way he turned out! He will be available for purchase on AFA soon. Speaking of AFA, we will be having an Americana theme update on June 25th, so check the site at noon that day to see all of the wonderful Americana folk art available for purchase!

I am asking you all to please keep Brianna in your thoughts and prayers today. There were some complications last night, and she is fighting right now, and she and her family could use all of the positive thoughts and prayers they can get. If you do not know of her story, please read Iva's blog and leave a comment of support. Thank you!

I will be back soon with pictures from my first show of 2007 which was on this past Sunday. We had a wonderful time and the weather was beautiful!
Until next time, I wish you all a wonderful week! :)

19 comments:

Rachael Kinnison said...

Wonderful Sylvia~ your lil drummer boy came out so precious! Funny how you didnt think to say in your post that you hurt your foot.....Hope you get to feeling better real soon! xoxoxxoxo

. said...

You are the crackle queen...I bow to you...

Chickadee Primitives said...

Sylvia, you create fairy tales! Amazing talent you have!

Hugs
annie

Unknown said...

Awesome, Sylvia!! Can't wait to see your show pics!

Scallywags Scribbles said...

Love your work Sylvia, so inspiring!

Elaine Thomas said...

Hey Syl, I love them!! You did a great jobon all the pieces. I really love the way the drummer boy turned out!! I will difinitely add Brianna to my prayer list. I didn't know about her story but she will be in my prayers everyday. Talk to you soon. Elaine

Wendy said...

Hi Sylvia, OMG, Love your monkey and all your other pieces! You are so talented!

Hallowed Hill Primitives said...

Sylvia, I love your atttention to detail and the way you incorporate antiques into your work! Just fabulous. Take care of that ankle and post those show pics!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful eye for using vintage pieces with your work.Every piece is created with prefection. Bravo!!
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia- I love how you show your pieces unfinished and then later for the "Grand Finale"!! Very Cool!! Donna

tiffini elektra x said...

These are so wonderful. . .oh that monkey! I just adore it! Just fantastic pieces!

PEA said...

Sylvia,
Your work amazes me!! Love that Monkey and that drummer boy oh gosh someone will be so lucky to enjoy these. Almost time for me to get to enjoy my two little pieces.
Hugs,Pea

PEA said...

I have been keeping Brianna in my prayers. Poor dear.
Hugs,Pea

Dana said...

Hello Sylvia!

It has been quite some time. I thought I'd stop in for a hello. :) LOVE your latest pieces ... that monkey is just too cute for words and the drummer boy is awesome, too!

Have a great day!
Dana

Suzanne said...

Oh! the monkey is so sweet and the drummer boy is a beautiful piece...lucky new owner!
Your work is wonderful Sylvia.
Can't wait to see your show photos.

Kitty Forseth said...

You ARE the crackle queen!!

It was such fun to see you at the Ca Country show, I always enjoy seeing your work in person.

Kitty

Dixie Redmond said...

I love the Hooray Moon! It's awesome!

Dixie

Sylvia Anderson said...

Thank you all for the nice comments on my work! I am sorry that I haven't replied sooner, or posted a new update, but it's been a very busy few days for me.
Thanks again for popping in to take a peek at my work, and for keeping Brianna in your thoughts and prayers.
Sylvia

~Tonya said...

Hi Sylvia,

I love all of your wonderful dolls. I think my favorite is the Jack in the shoe.

You are so gifted my dear.

Smiles,
~Tonya