Monday, July 2, 2007

Ecclectic Finds from the Flea Market!

I spent a wonderful day yesterday at the Alameda Antiques by the Bay flea market. I met Colleen and her friend Shelly, and we walked, and walked, and walked around some more....up and down the isles of fabulous treasures to behold! Everything that you could probably imagine was there, and I have never been to an antique show that was so large. I skipped a few isles just to take a break and have lunch.... a simply delicious crepe made by a talented french cook, filled with egg, cheese, green onion and sauteed mushrooms.....mmmmmm tasty! It was beautiful weather, and I should have taken pictures to share with you, but I was so busy looking at all of the wonderful things offered for sale that I completely forgot. Next time I will for sure. :) Below are a couple of pictures of what I was lucky enough to find, and all, I might say, for great prices too. The second pictures shows pages from two old books that I picked up there....both from the 1800's. They will be a valuable resource for my altered art designs.

I thought I would have my new charm pendant necklaces done last weekend, but I was so busy that I wasn't able to finish them up, so please check back soon, and if you are interested in something particular, please drop me a line and let me know. Until next time...I hope you all have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Chickadee Primitives said...

What goodies!!!! I can't wait to see you work your magic!

Hugs
annie

Lana Manis said...

Oh Sylvia! Look at all the goodies... and the little birds in the book! I love them! Glad you had a great meal too!

Lana

Suzanne said...

Love all of your great finds Sylvia!

Unknown said...

You did really good, Sylvia!!! What finds!!

Sam I Am said...

wow..these are super great finds!!!!!!!

Nancy Malay said...

Sounds like you had a fun day - what a great collection of goodies! Nancy

~Tonya said...

Hi Sylvia,

I wish we had Flea markets around here. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

I need to take a day off sometime very soon to have a FUN day.

Smiles,
~Tonya

Kitty Forseth said...

Wasn't it fun Sunday?? I'm so sorry we didn't bump into each other! I posted some pics on my blog for fun :).

Elaine Thomas said...

Wow Syl, I love all of your great finds. The next time I am out there we will have to go.
Smiles Elaine

Carole said...

Hi Sylvia. I just read about your day antiquing and you now how I wish you took photos! See, it's not so easy looking and taking photos at the same time, believe me, I know all about that!