Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Blog Roll ~ Aspiring Metalsmith's Spring Inspiration

Welcome Spring! I love this time of the year....I love to see everything green outside, and fresh and new...I love the ladybugs, and the magic of flowers blooming.....I have always loved Spring! What inspires me during this time of the year? Everything really....from the sights around me, to the smells, and the chance to enjoy the outdoors again after a long and wet Winter. The colors of Spring are some of my very favorite, and ones that I like to incorporate into my work. This month's Aspiring Metalsmith's blogroll theme is how does the Spring season affect our work. For me, it breathes new life into it, and ideas tend to flow faster than I can jot them down, let alone complete them into a final piece!

However this year, I was determined to bring to life an idea that I had been forming for over a year....and I wanted to finish it in time for April, and Autism Awareness Month. This is the piece....Simon's Necklace, named after my son Simon, who has Asperger's Syndrome. I am really pleased with how it turned out, and I am donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each one, to Autism Speaks. You can find this necklace here.
Another exciting idea that we discussed over on the Aspiring Metalsmith's team was to challenge ourselves to incorporate a Drusy stone into our work....hence the April Drusy Challenge was born!
One of these lovelies will be set in sterling silver by the end of the month...look for it in my Etsy shop soon. So many choices...so little time....which is your favorite?
As I mentioned, the colors of Spring really inspire me....I love the pastel shades of purple's and pinks, blues, and greens....this grouping is very yummy!
However, I really think the blue's and green's have it going on! These are some of my favorites that I hope to set soon.
Even the cats love Spring....since they don't really spend time outdoors, we bring the flowers inside for their enjoyment.....
Keiki also loves Spring....and loves to munch on the taller grass, and play hide and seek in it....
And best of all, who can pass up some tasty Deviled Eggs! These will be on my menu this weekend, and they're usually gone almost as soon as they hit the table! Wishing you all a wonderful Spring and a lovely Easter. :) Sneak peeks of my upcoming pieces will be coming soon....

Please visit the blog links belwo to see what the rest of the team had to say on the subject.....

1 comment:

AllWiredUpJewelryDesigns said...

Love your little ladybug- and the cats!! Nice blog