I was tagged by Suzanne to list seven random things about myself. So below is my list of seven....thank you to Suzanne for being so patient...I was suppose to post this list a couple of weeks ago, and have been so busy! When you get a chance, stop by her blog to see her lovely paintings.....she does beautiful work.
1. I'm a vegetarian.....and have been since 1990. At first it was something that I decided to try, and now it's become a way of life for me. I'm not sure that I could ever eat meat again....it would be very strange I think. Although a smoking BBQ sure gets my taste buds going!
2. Some of you may not like me for this one, but I hate country music. I am a rock gal.....and I like all era's of rock, but no country for me!
3. I'm a homebody.....and prefer not to go out of the house unless I have to. I put off errands and try to do them all one day a week, so I can stay home and create, and spend time with my family.
4. I'm an avid reader, and usually have a book going at all times. I mostly read fiction....horror. The scarier the better! My favorite author is Dean Koontz, along with Stephen King, John Saul, Mary Higgins Clark, and Michael Crichton.
5. I'm a HUGE cat lover. I live by the motto "One can never have too many cats" although my husband doesn't share the same philosophy, so we only have three. :) I have always had cats since I was a little girl, and used to do volunteer work at the local humane society taking care of the stray cats and dogs. I loved them all. Here's a picture of my three girls.....Carrie, Samantha, and Miranda. They are all one year old now.
6. I used to have a huge fear of flying, but was able to overcome it after being determined to get past it. I forced myself to fly a couple of long flights, and found that it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I still get a bit nervous on take off, but that's all. Now if I can just get over my fear of the dentist....
7. My favorite movie of all time is Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. It became my favorite movie when I was 13, and I started collecting things related to it, and made a scrap book. I still have my scrap book, and all of the things I collected way back then. The highlight was being able to see the original mansion used in the filming of the movies, at Universal Studios Hollywood! At right is a famous picture from the film...the late Anthony Perkins standing on the steps leading up to the infamous house.
OK, so now that I've posted my list of seven random things, I am tagging Stephanie. Thanks for being such a good sport Steph!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
I had wanted to post more pictures a couple of weeks ago, but time has flown by and I can't believe that May is almost gone! Where did it go? Here are a few more pictures that I took at the Tim Holtz class that I attended.....these are pictures of actual pieces that Tim created, and were other projects that he was teaching during his stay in Sacramento that week.
I just love his creations! I'll be back with more updates later this week Have a wonderful Sunday. :)