Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 2011!!!

Happy New Year everyone! I am a bit late with my first post of the new year, but I wanted to wait until I had something interesting to post about. I finally finished my first new piece of the year and listed it in my Etsy shop yesterday. This is a one of a kind champagne quartz heart necklace....Valentine's Day is around the corner, and I wanted to get a jump start on it!

I love how this necklace turned out, and I hope that it will make someone very happy this year.

I entered it into a contest as well....The Handmade Gift Guide is running a Valentine's Day themed contest, and the winner will get a free spot in the showcase. If you'd like to vote for my necklace you can do that here.....mine is at the very bottom...number 32. The contest runs for three more days...thanks in advance for sharing your love! :)

In other news, I am on an early Spring cleaning spree, throwing out the old, and organizing as I go. My studio is in a bit of a shambles after the holiday's so I am starting there, and working my way through the house. I hope to get that finished up in the next week. Having a clean space helps my creativity I think, or at least I don't feel guilty thinking I should be doing something else while I'm working in my studio!

I been amassing a collection of gorgeous new cabochons and beads in the last year, and will be introducing a new line of jewelry soon. I am excited, and can't wait to share it with everyone, but I have to finish a few pieces first to get things rolling! Stay tuned for some sneak peaks....

I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011!

No comments: