Friday, August 24, 2007

I Love The Mail!

I admit it....I am one of those people that looks forward to the mail! I can hear the mail truck drive by my house each day as I am working in my studio....the truck has a very distinctive sounding motor. I peek through my blinds and spy, and I wait until my mailman has finished placing the mail into each persons box (we have a large community box on the corner) and then I go out to retrieve my mail. Many days it's loaded with junk mail and bills...but every now and then, I receive a special treat in the mail...and yesterday was one of those days! :) I received an enveloped marked air mail from South Africa. It was from Lynda, and I had recently won a drawing she held on her new blog Wednesday's Wanderings. The envelope contained a wonderful set of postcards with images from the town of Howick taken in the early 1900's. I just love old photo's and the history that they share with us. Thank you again Lynda!

Here's a sneak peek of what I have been working on for The Primitive Gathering site. I will have these items and more available for purchase on September first, so please check back soon.

We had a great time at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom last weekend, and here are few pictures from that day....This butterfly was HUGE!!! Bigger than my palm spread apart....just amazing! Notice how his colors seem to blend in with the surrounding tree?

Simon had fun feeding the giraffe's......

4 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh isn't it funny, you sound just like me with the mail. I can hear him too, I peek out the blinds
and we have a community of boxes too..when he's gone, out I go!! and sometimes..tis a great day!!

LOVE your Six Flags pics..looks so fun, bet Simon had a blast!

thanks for the lil sneak peek , can't wait to see your Primitive Gatherings.com offerings
smiles, Deena

Unknown said...

I bet Simon had so much fun!
Can't wait to see your goodies, Sylvia!
You've been tagged to do the Middle Name Game...go to my blog to see how to play!!

Donna O'Brien said...

I'm liking that sneak peek....ALOT!!
Donna

Scallywags Scribbles said...

So pleased your postcards arrived safely.